Monday, November 4, 2013

Article 4: hello... Are you fully here? Are you REALLY here? Did you show up today? ALL of you?

This is article 4, but it could be the first article.  This could be the article that sets you on fire.  (or perhaps not...)


I found this article because I was looking for "What Women Can Teach You About Real Strength," by Richard Conniff, which appeared in Men's Health in 2012.  I printed this article.  It was sitting on my desk and now I was thinking about adding the article to the GED course...


... and in my search there was  a link to a BLOG entry that had a link to this "Women Real Strength" article.  The blog was written by a woman who was interviewed for the article.   I clicked on a link (CURIOSITY) that mentioned ALWAYS SHOW UP (which looks like good advice for GED people).

I'm not much different from a GED person.
a) I didn't finish university "on time" (I was 27 when I got my bachelor's degree)
b) I stalled, I had excuses, I worked...
c) I lived with other people.  I didn't fully commit to a path.   I kept my options open.


http://blogs.hbr.org/2013/10/always-always-always-show-up/

The article is longer than many blog entries.  You will need some persistence to get through it.   I hope you make it to the end and I hope you will call me or email me with your replies to the questions.

==========








QUESTIONS (send your replies to TheEbookman@gmail.com)

(1) What did you think happened when Whitney was in the audition?   What caused her to hold back?

(2) Isn't it a good idea to have notes?   Why was "using notes" a sign that she wasn't fully "there"?

(3) What message do you take from this blog post?


The next article will be the article that I intended to give you...  If you can't wait, go ahead and go to What Women Can Teach You About Real Strength


How will you change your behavior?
Did you learn something today?
Really?   Did you learn something ENOUGH to make you want to change your habits?
One of my habits is thinking, "I'm getting a lot of good information."  Unfortunately, I was not subscribing to the blog that delivered this important article.  So I needed to add MensHealth.com to my daily email ... yes, it can be boring to have so many email suggestions... so create a "JUNK EMAIL" and sign up for MensHealth.com and other web newsletters.

TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR HEALTH, BODY, AND LIFE! 
Sign up for our FREE Daily Dose newsletter for the best fitness, health, sex, and nutrition tips delivered to your inbox daily.

Read more: http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/workplace_lessons_from_women/#ixzz2jkg79oJh




No comments:

Post a Comment