Friday, November 8, 2013

Article 12: What charity do you support? Why? Write an essay about a charity: (a) What story links you to the charity? (b) What problem does the charity address? (c) How does the charity reduce the problem? Learn about Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) and Marla Ruzicka


Today's article for the GED course will be about commitment and "the hearts and minds" and action. 

There is a quote that is often used in this situation.


Here's another quote that captures the positive nature of charity...

EXAMPLE

The group is called Center for Citizens in Conflict.

I heard about the group after the founder was killed in 2005.  


When I showed the story to one of my students, he said, "Mr. Mac, that story is soooooo sad."  Yes, the story touched him.  

What story touches you?  What charity deals with that situation?  Write until tears come to your eyes.  Find a youtube video that captures the essence of the story.



Marla Ruzicka
WIKIPEDIA article about CIVIC

I'm going to cry when I talk with you about Marla and her group (called CIVIC when I first heard about it).




Remembering Marla




Click here for the video
I look forward to reading what you write and visiting websites that inspire you.



Here's what you can do:
Get into your Youtube account.
Click on SUBSCRIBE and LIKE and leave a comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment